High Speed Satellite System- MDM6000 & NOP1760
The Newtec MDM6000 Satellite Modem system bundle is the next generation modem optimized for point-to-point very high speed IP applications over satellite. In combination with the NOP1760 Bandwidth Manager the modem achieves barrier-breaking speeds at the highest bandwidth efficiency and maximum service availability. The MDM6000 very high speed solution is in full compliance with the DVB-S2 standards and the upcoming S2 Extensions candidates.
Efficiency at the core
The Newtec MDM6000 Satellite Modem high speed solution combines a number of innovative elements to improve current market available efficiencies, thereby lowering the overall Total Cost of Ownership.
New modulation and Forward Error Correction (FEC) codes up to 64APSK (which can be seen as demonstrator of possible extensions in the DVB-S2 standard) in combination with innovative technologies such as 72 Mbaud wideband support, Clean Channel Technology, FlexACM and Automated Equalink are embedded in the solution and bring the satellite link to full efficiency. By increasing the amount of data that can be transferred per transponder the MDM6000 modem effectively increases business opportunities for Service Providers. The performance can be increased even more by adding Newtec’s bandwidth cancellation and/or network optimization technologies.
Newtec’s auto-adaptive technology FlexACM is incorporated in the MDM6000 Satellite Modem solution and deals with fading conditions (rain, dust, interference) and inclined orbit satellites with varying throughput patterns.
Thanks to FlexACM these fading conditions will no longer interrupt the transmission between the hub and remote sites nor result in loss of data. The maximum possible throughput can be achieved at all times.
Additionally the optional Automatic Uplink Power Control mechanism can ensure maximum use of the link budget at all times.
Flexibility and scalability matching market’s business models
The modem provides a scalable and flexible platform which allows the customers to grow depending on their application and investment plan. The MDM6000 platform can start as a modulator or demodulator unit and grow into a modem with different functionalities by simple license upgrades.
At the output of the Newtec MDM6000 Modem, the signal is available in IF or extended L-band (950 MHz-2150 MHz). SW controlled 24V/48V DC BUC Power and 10 MHz reference can be multiplexed on the L-band modulator output. At the receive side the modem has dual L-band or optional IF and L-band input. The active input is selected by the user and can provide DC power and frequency band selection signals compatible with most professional and commercial LNBs providing a compact and cost effective solution. The Satellite Modem can be easily monitored and controlled via a comprehensive front panel menu, advanced web GUI as well as via SNMP protocol. This enables easy integration into any industry-standard EMS/NMS system.
- DVB-S2 compliant
- Candidate S2 Extensions and MODCODs
- QPSK/8PSK/16APSK/32APSK and 64APSK
- Baud rate range: 1 – 72 Mbaud
- MDM6000 bundle supports data rates up to 380 Mbps in each direction (depending on configuration)
- Optional FlexACM for adaptive environments
- GSE encapsulation inside NOP1760 Bandwidth Manager
- Noise & Distortion Estimator tool (NoDE)
- RFI reduction using optional DVB RF Carrier ID (DVB-CID)
- IF (70 MHz/140 MHz) and Extended L-band (950 MHz – 2150 MHz) high power outputs
- L-band monitoring output
- Thin Margin Manager (ThiMM) provides accurate prediction of upcoming variation of the link condition
- Optional high stability internal clock reference
- Optional 10 MHz reference output
- Clean Channel Technology
- Automated Equalink Pre-distortion
- Secure front panel, SNMP, HTTP and CLI interfaces
- Highest speeds available in the market
- Lower operational costs thanks to the highest bandwidth efficiency
- Optimal availability
- Based on DVB-S2 standards and upcoming S2 Extension candidates for better efficiency (15-37% depending on link budget)
- Clean Channel Technology™ provides up to 15% bandwidth efficiency gains on top of the DVB-S2 standard
- Maximum efficiency in combination with bandwidth cancellation (up to 30%) and network optimization technologies
- Easy integration with terrestrial IP networks and routers
To obtain the very high speeds over satellite in point-to-point applications the MDM6000 Satellite Modem Bundle consists of a MDM6000 Satellite Modem and the NOP1760 Bandwidth Manager. To maximize efficiency the MDM6000 modem can be combined with the BW0900 Bandwidth Canceller.