MDM2210 IP Satellite Modem
The Newtec MDM2210 IP Satellite Modem is a two-way, high throughput modem. It is combined with a range of different antenna sizes and interactive LNBs (iLNBs) to create a costeffective satellite terminal on the Dialog platform. It supports a wide range of IP services like Internet/intranet access, Voice over IP (VoIP) and multicasting services.
Its ease of installation, high-performance modulation techniques and integrated Wi-Fi enable network operators to offer IP broadband services in a cost-effective way over Ku- and Ka-band networks. It is perfectly suited to service consumers, Small Office and Home Office (SOHO) and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), as well as supporting applications such as telemetry networks, Point Of Sale (POS) or banking.
Thanks to a unique design of both the compact modem and the iLNB, the cost of the terminal is kept to a minimum. The IP Satellite Modem is available with unique Point & Play easy-install technology, supporting the installation of the complete terminal without specific qualifications or expensive tools. Point & Play provides correct satellite identification and facilitates pointing. This can happen through audio feedback, or through the Terminal Installation App. This smartphone app connects to the modem through Wi-Fi. It supports a number of key functionalities required during an antenna installation: Site acceptance, polarization adjustment, fully aided antenna pointing, storm testing etc. After mounting and positioning, the integrated certification assures correct installation by giving instant link quality approval. It guarantees that each terminal works at maximum efficiency without any interference risk.
True Broadband Experience For a true broadband experience, the IP Satellite Modem incorporates the most efficient technologies available, such as DVB-S2X Adaptive Coding Modulation (ACM) in the forward link, and an Adaptive Return Link with advanced 4CPM modulation and IP traffic enhancement software for TCP acceleration, compression and encryption.
- Low initial investment per user, thanks to a very low terminal cost and unique Point & Play easy installation capability.
- High efficiency, up to 500 Mbaud wideband S2X carriers and high statistical multiplexing.
Optional Wi-Fi support (hardware option).
- Easy-to-use multilanguage web Graphical User Interface (GUI) for installation, diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Adaptive Return Link based on different 4CPM modulations/coding and multiple channel bandwidths.
- High service satisfaction ensured through a true broadband experience.
- Optimal availability and efficiency of DVB-S2X transmission thanks to FlexACM and ThiMM technologies.