MDM3100 IP Satellite Modem
The Newtec MDM3100 IP Satellite Modem is a 2-way, high throughput modem supporting a wide range of IP Services like internet/intranet access, VoIP, enterprise connectivity and multicasting services. Its ease of installation and high performance modulation techniques enable network operators to offer bandwidth intensive IP broadband services in a cost effective way.
It is perfectly fitted to Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) as well as large enterprises or organizations. The MDM3100 easily operates with the MDM2200 Modem on the same platform sharing the forward carrier and management system.
Point and Play Easy Installation Technology
The MDM3100 is available with unique Point & Play easy-installation technology, supporting the installation of the complete terminal by installers without any specific qualification or expensive tooling. Point & Play provides correct satellite identification and facilitates pointing with an audio feedback.
After installation, the integrated certification assures correct installation. It gives instant link quality approval and guarantees that each terminal works at maximum efficiency and there is no interference risk. True Broadband Experience at Minimal Cost For a true broadband experience, the IP Satellite Modem incorporates the most efficient technologies available, such as DVB-S2 Adaptive Coding Modulation (ACM) in the forward link, an Adaptive Return Link with advanced 4CPM modulation and IP traffic enhancement software for TCP acceleration, pre-fetching, compression and encryption.
The IP Satellite Modem is offered as modem only or in combination with different antenna sizes and BUC combinations.
- High throughput up and download capabilities
- Low initial investment per service point thanks to unique Point & Play easy – installation capability
- Easy to use web GUI for installation, diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Adaptive Return Link based on different 4CPM modulations/coding and multiple channel bandwidths.
- High service satisfaction ensured through true broadband experience
- Full flexibility in the use of different antenna sizes, frequency bands and output power.
- Optimal availability and efficiency of DVB-S2 transmission thanks to Newtec’s technologies FlexACM and ThiMM
- Efficiency improvement of 10 to 15% with Newtec’s Clean Channel Technology
- High performance service rates upto 45/5 Mbps
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- Robust design with 19” rack mount kit option
- DVB-S2 ACM Forward
- 4CPM MF-TDMA Adaptive Return Link
- Compatible with Standard BUC and LNB
- Embedded TCP acceleration and encryption
- Multi-level Quality of Service
- Versatile IP routing and addressing
- Low jitter for real time applications
- DNS Cache/Relay and HTTP pre-fetching
- Support of IPv4 and IPv6
- USB interface (future use)
- Internal MicroSD card for mass storage (future use)
- Over-the-air software upgradeability
- Over-the-air monitoring and diagnostics tools