MDM6000 64APSK Satellite Modem
The Newtec MDM6000 Satellite Modem is the versatile next generation modem optimized for medium to high speed IP applications over satellite. The MDM6000 series modem is typically installed at both ends of a point-to-point satellite link or at the remote sites of a star network. The unit can act as a modulator, demodulator or modem depending on the network configuration and integrates seamlessly with terrestrial IP networks and equipment. The modem is in full compliance with the DVB-S2 standards and supports the S2 Extensions candidates to achieve barrier-breaking efficiency at maximum service availability.
Efficiency at the core
The Newtec MDM6000 combines a number of innovative elements to improve current market available efficiencies, thereby lowering the overall Total Cost of Ownership.
New modulation and Forward Error Correction (FEC) codes up to 64APSK 9/10 (which can be seen as demonstrator of possible extensions in the DVB-S2 standard) in combination with innovative technologies such as 72 Mbaud, Clean Channel Technology, FlexACM, QOS, and Automated Equalink pre-distortion are embedded in the modem and bring the satellite link to full efficiency. By increasing the amount of data that can be transferred per transponder the MDM6000 modem effectively increases business opportunities for Service Providers.
Depending on the application, the migration scenario and the activated features the Newtec MDM6000 modem can be used in conjunction with the Newtec HUB6000 Satellite Hub. In all cases end-to-end efficiency over satellite can be achieved. The performance can be increased even more by adding Newtec’s bandwidth cancellation and/or network optimization technologies such as acceleration, compression, shaping and bandwidth management.
Newtec’s auto-adaptive technology FlexACM is incorporated in the MDM6000 modem and deals with fading conditions (rain, dust, interference) and inclined orbit satellites with varying throughput patterns.
Thanks to FlexACM these fading conditions will no longer interrupt the transmission between the hub and remote sites nor result in loss of data. The maximum possible throughput can be achieved at all times. Additionally the optional Automatic Uplink Power Control mechanism can ensure maximum use of the link budget at all times.
Flexibility and scalability matching market’s business models
The MDM6000 modem provides a scalable and flexible platform which allows the customers to grow depending on their application and investment plan. The platform can start as a modulator or demodulator unit and grow into a modem with different functionalities by simple license upgrades.
At the output of the MDM6000 Modem, the signal is available in IF or extended L-band (950 MHz-2150 MHz). SW controlled 24V/48V DC BUC Power and 10 MHz reference can be multiplexed on the L-band modulator output. At the receive site the modem has a dual L-band input or optional IF+L-band input. The active input provides DC power and frequency band selection signals compatible with most professional and commercial LNBs providing a compact and cost effective solution.
The Satellite Modem can be easily monitored and controlled via a comprehensive front panel menu, advanced web GUI as well as via SNMP protocol. This enables easy integration into any industry-standard EMS/NMS system.
- DVB-S2 compliant
- Candidate S2 Extensions and MODCODs
- QPSK/8PSK/16APSK/32APSK and 64APSK
- Baud rate range: 1 – 72 Mbaud
- Data rates up to 2x 155 Mbps (stand-alone) and 2x 380 Mbps in combination with NOP1760 Bandwidth Manager
- Optional FlexACM for adaptive environments
- GSE encapsulation
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Optional DC BUC Power
- Noise & Distortion Estimator tool (NoDE)
- IF (70 MHz/140 MHz) and L-Band (950 MHz – 2150 MHz) high power outputs
- L-band monitoring output
- Thin Margin Manager (ThiMM) to counter small variations
- Optional high stability internal clock reference
- Optional 10 MHz reference output
- Optional Clean Channel Technology
- RFI reduction using optional DVB RF Carrier ID (DVB-CID)
- Optional automated linear & non-linear Equalink Pre-distortion
- Secure front panel, SNMP, HTTP and CLI interfaces
- Highest speeds and efficiencies available in the market
- Lower operational costs thanks to the highest bandwidth efficiency
- Optimal availability even in fading conditions or with services over inclined orbit satellites
- Based on DVB-S2 standards and upcoming S2 Extension candidates for better efficiency (15-37% depending on link budget)
- Clean Channel Technology provides up to 15% bandwidth efficiency gains on top of the DVB-S2 standard
- Maximum efficiency in combination with bandwidth cancellation and network optimization technologies
- Easy integration with terrestrial IP networks and routers
- Quality of Service (QoS) for priority settings and optimized traffic flow
The MDM6000 Satellite Modem can be used at both ends of a point-to-point network or at the remote site of a star network. Depending on the configuration the unit can be used as modulator, demodulator or modem. Support services for your professional equipment
Care Pack Basic and Care Pack Enhanced are the Newtec service and support packages protecting your Newtec equipment over a three-year period.