AZ200 RF Redundancy Switch
The Newtec AZ200 Universal Switching System is a powerful and modular product designed to provide a cost effective N+1 protection scheme for a wide variety of equipment such as modulators, demodulators, modems, converters, encoders and decoders.
This AZ200 meets simple and complex demanding protection requirements by operating and controlling up to 36 internal switching modules. This very high modularity guarantees the design optimization for each configuration, reducing the cost and providing a high reliability.
The internal switching modules are inserted in the 200 series main unit, or, for complex configurations, in up to eigth extension units, connected to the main unit. Switching can be done automatically through alarm contacts, manually through the front panel or the dedicated web interface, or remotely via a monitoring and control system.
When the automatic mode is activated, the 200 series monitors continuously the set of parameters governing the switching operation in order to activate the redundant path while triggering the loading of parameters from memory.
The RF switch provides a wide range of switching capabilities for almost any input and output signals used in satellite communications. The range of switchable signals include ASI, G.703, SDH, HSSI or IP interfaces, as well as IF, L-band or RF band signals.
- Dual redundant power supply – Main & Extension unit
- Automatic or manual operational mode
- Operates and controls up to 36 switching modules
- Switchable signals: ASI, IP, G.703, SDH, HSSI, IF, L-band and RF-band
- Stand-alone operation or integrated in a network management system
- Suitable for any equipment with alarm contacts
- Increases service availability significantly
- Low cost solution
- Compatible with any equipment that has alarm contacts
- High reliability
- High compactness