Newtec M6100 DVB-S2 Satellite Modulator
The brand new cutting edge Newtec M6100 Broadcast Satellite Modulator is the new generation DVB-S2, DVB-DSNG and DVB-S modulator specifically designed for broadcast direct-to-home, primary distribution to headends and contribution of television and radio content. The advanced M6100 series can be used in conjunction with set-top boxes, professional IRD’s or professional satellite demodulators such as the AZ910.
Exceptional RF Reliability
Uptime and reliability are essential in the design of the Newtec M6100, taking a vital role in the satellite network. Input source redundancy, and the shortest redundancy switch-over times of modulators, operating both in 1+1 and N+1 topologies, are setting the standard in our industry.
Advanced capabilities such as a built-in MPEG Transport Stream analyzer, support of SMPTE 2022 FEC at the GbE inputs (for distributed IP headends), and Carrier ID according to the new DVB standard as well as in the transport stream NIT Table.
Premium RF Performance
The Newtec Broadcast Satellite Modulator performs among the best, offering unmatched bandwidth efficiency optimization options, thereby lowering overall Total Cost of Ownership. The fully automated operation of Newtec´s field-proven Equalink pre-distortion technology is now available for any satellite transmission application. Equalink pre-distortion provides up to 10% bandwidth gains.
The modulator also supports Clean Channel Technology, the first in a series extensions to DVB-S2, improving satellite efficiency by up to 15%, thereby enabling much smaller carrier spacing. At the output of the Broadcast Satellite Modulator, the signal is available in IF or extended L-band (950 MHz-2150 MHz), providing a compact and cost effective solution. A switchable 10 MHz reference signal for an outdoor BUC is multiplexed on the L-band interface.
The Broadcast Satellite Modulator can be easily monitored and controlled via a comprehensive front panel menu, advanced web GUI as well as via SNMP protocol. This enables easy integration into any industry-standard EMS/NMS system.
Future Proof Scalable
Built upon flexible and latest generation programmable technology, the M-6100 Modulator is a future-proof building block that lets any satellite network evolve to the next level of capabilities. A scalable, pay-as-yougrow, licensing and software upgrade mechanism facilitates the launch of new services, or last minute network design changes, without rebuilding the entire network infrastructure. Migration from ASI to GbE and IF to L-band is facilitated by simple in-field installation of license keys.
Additional capabilities such as DVB-S2 extensions and other are anticipated to become available on the platform as the standardization efforts materialize in the near future. The brand new DVB-CID is already available as a software option on the 6100.
- DVB-S2 and DVB-DSNG/S compliant
- QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK
- Baud rate range: 0,05 – 68 Mbps
- Data rates up to 216 Mbit/s (dependent on configuration)
- Automatic TS rate adaptation
- Supports SFN Networks using transparent TS pass-through
- Exceptional jitter recovery on TS over IP inputs
- Built-in TS Analyzer with PCR jitter measurements
- RFI reduction using optional DVB RF Carrier ID (DVB-CID) and NIT table CID (default)
- BISS Content protection
- Opportunistic data insertion up to 20Mbps (MPE)
- Redundant ASI transport stream interfaces
- Highest system reliability and service uptime through robust design and industry leading redundancy solutions
- Low TCO as a result of very high bandwidth efficiency technology options, and ease of monitoring and control
- Clean Channel Technology provides up to 15% bandwidth efficiency gains on top of the DVB-S2 standard
- Automated Equalink pre-distortion provides up to 10% bandwidth gains, higher QoS and geographic coverage
- Built-in support for opportunistic data insertion, interoperable with IRD’s that enable Multi-Protocol Encapsulation (MPE)
- Easy integration with industry leading management systems (EMS/NMS/OSS)
- Safe investment as the platform supports advanced capabilities such as proMPEG FEC at the input, built-in transport stream analyzer and DVB & NIT Carrier ID
- Pay-as-you-grow flexible licensing scheme
- Platform prepared for future DVB-S2 extensions and other capabilities*
- Future-proof design combining video and IP multi-service capabilities, delivers transport of today´s and tomorrow´s services
- Feature-based pricing and software upgrades
- Redundant GbE interfaces with SMPTE 2022 FEC
- External reference input
- IF (70/140) and L-Band (950-2150) high power outputs
- L-band monitoring output
- Market leading RF purity and performance
- Programmable amplitude slope equalizer
- PRBS generator for link performance tests
- High stability internal clock reference
- 10 MHz reference output
- Clean Channel Technology
- Automated linear and non-linear Equalink Pre-distortion
- Secure front panel, SNMP, HTTP and CLI interfaces
- Designed to support future DVB-S2 extensionsrt future DVB-S2 extensions