MDM2510 IP Satellite Modem
The Newtec Satcom MDM2510 IP Satellite Modem is a two-way, high throughput satellite modem that supports a wide range of services including Internet/Intranet access, Voice-over-IP (VoIP), backhauling, contribution and multicasting.
It is perfectly suited to service Small Office and Home Office (SOHO) customers and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), as well as supporting applications such as telemetry networks, Point of Sale (POS) and banking. Featuring Newtec’s patented Mx-DMA® return link, it is also a perfect fit for the mobility and cellular backhauling markets.
With a symbol rate of up to 500 Mbaud and coding from QPSK up to 64APSK in the forward channel, the MDM2510 enables network operators to optimize space segment use while providing high quality services. In the return channel, the MDM2510 supports two return technologies. The MF-TDMA return link targets applications with extremely overbooked traffic services, such as Internet access for SMEs, Businessto-Business (B2B) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) users.
On the other hand, Newtec’s patented Mx-DMA (Cross-Dimensional Multiple Access) return link technology combines MF-TDMA-like ondemand variable bandwidth allocation with SCPC-like efficiencies. It is suitable for numerous applications with low-to-medium overbooked services and throughput rates of up to more than 60 Mbit/s, depending on the modem type. The return link suits applications such as enterprise and corporate networks, government and NGO networks, as well as cellular backhauling, broadcast contribution and mobility networks.
For a true broadband experience at minimal bandwidth consumption, the Newtec MDM2510 modem incorporates IP traffic enhancement software for Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) acceleration, compression and encryption. Traffic can be classified in seven Quality of Service (QoS) classes based on IP traffic characteristics (protocol types, source or destination address and more). This allows the network operator to provide a flexible hierarchical QoS model depending on any application’s Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Wideband 500 Mbaud S2X forward
- Support for MF-TDMA and patented Mx-DMA return link technologies
- High efficiency by utilizing wideband carriers and high statistical multiplexing gain
- Easy-to-use multilanguage web Graphical User Interface (GUI) for installation, diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Adaptive Return Link based on different 4CPM modulations and coding and multiple channel bandwidths
- High service satisfaction is ensured through a true broadband experience
- Optimal availability and efficiency of DVB-S2X transmission thanks to FlexACM and Thin Margin Manager (ThiMM) technologies